Friday, December 27, 2013

Sugared Pecans {Foodie Friday}

I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas. I am still trying to recover. It is amazing the mess that Christmas makes in my house, and I am still trying to pick up all the pieces. I don't know about you, but I'm still in a sugar induced Christmas coma. That doesn't stop me from munching on these pecans!
These things are delicious I find myself going making excuses to go to the kitchen to grab a handful. If you have a couple of extra pecans leftover from your turtles or pecan pie, here is a great way to use them. These are great because they will hold for a week or two, so you can make them for your holiday goodie bags (a little late i know, but you can keep them all for yourself)
I'm going to try to put together a best of 2013 post for next week, so stay tuned for that!


Sugared Pecans


Ingredients
1 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
2 egg whites
2 tablespoons water
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 pound pecan halves

Directions
1. Preheat your over to 250 degrees F. Line 1 large rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside. 
2. In a large ziploc bag, add the sugar, cinnamon and salt. Shake to combine; set aside.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the egg whites, water and vanilla extract. Add the pecans to the bowl and then add them to the egg mixture and stir -making sure they are all moistened. Using a slotted spoon, remove the pecans from the egg white mixture and drop them into the bad with the cinnamon sugar mixture.  Once all of the pecans are added, seal the bag and shake it to coat all of the pecans.
4. Using a clean slotted spoon, remove the pecans from the back and place onto the prepared baking sheet in a single layer. *I was able to get about 1/2 pound of pecans on a single baking sheet. Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Remove from the over and cool to room temperature. The pecans can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.


I'm linking up at: Your homebased momThirty Handmade Days The Best Blog RecipesTatertots and JelloWhipperberry Buns in My OvenToday’s Creative BlogDesign, Dining and DiapersIheartnaptimeHome Stories A to Z Home-StyledReal CoakeCreate, Craft, LoveMostlyhomemade momSix Sisters’ StuffA Peek into My ParadiseA Bowl Full of LemonsLove Grows Wild and Shabby Creek Cottage.

3 comments:

  1. I love these! I would love for you to link up at Link'n Blogs.
    http://iputabirdonit.blogspot.com/2014/01/linkn-blogs-link-party-6.html

    Have a great day!

    xo
    Daniela
    Put A Bird On It

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so good! I love love love spiced or sugared nuts, especially pecans! These sound wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These would be too good to share! Thanks for linking up with What's Cookin' Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete